YOUTH EMPLOYMENT SERVICES
Youth Employment Services (Y.E.S.) program is designed to foster pride, dignity and self-worth with at-risk youth, 14-22 years, by navigating youth to employment, providing pre-employment preparation, career opportunities, resume building, interview skills, computer on-line employment searches, volunteer opportunities, job placement, financial management and computer literacy skills. We also provide high school presentations and workshops on employment preparedness, resume building, interview skills, career opportunities, and financial management. The technology gap is also addressed as many of our clients use technology not to advance their career but for entertainment purposes. Real life applications such as downloading resumes, on-line job application, and job seeking research is taught one-on-one. Our computer lab helps youth access e-mail as many youth not have e-mail addresses and access to e-mail correspondence from employers. They also use our technology lab for homework.
How does Y.E.S. work?
- We work with over 300 employers to find the perfect job that fits the individuals' age and interest.
- We have a bulletin board that is updated daily with new opportunities.
- Together we will select a list of your top job choices.
- We have job listings in retail, food services, hotels, cities, small businesses, medical offices, local household, and much more.
- We provide 6 computer stations and printers for participants to create resumes, search & apply for jobs.
Anaheim Downtown Community Center
250 E. Center St.
Anaheim, CA 92805
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday | 12PM - 5PM